Thursday, August 28, 2008

today

Yesterday Punnu and I went to his work party. Feeling really overwhelmed by the heat I declined even a sip of alcohol, drinking 5 glasses of water instead. Even so, I woke up this morning with my entire body, toes to finger-tips bone-aching, head screaming, rash forming on skin hot like black tar in summer. Not a hang-over so...

1. malaria: -
2. dengue fever: -

After generally uncomfortable hospital misadventures, blood tests etc, it's just good ol' fashioned heat exhaustion that's to blame.

Instead of singing and dancing and putting on mehndi at the wedding ceremony I was supposed to attend this evening I am periodically putting frozen things on my head and hiding out in dark cold rooms until my body readjusts. Also watching Kar Wai Wong's, "My Blueberry Nights," with Norah Jones, Jude Law etc. Did you know Nora Jones is half Indian?! Her father is the famous sitarist Ravi Shankar. Her whole same is Gheetali Norah Jones Shankar. !

Anyway.

No comments: