Friday, February 27, 2009

Love in the time of "Hindustani Bacteria"

Dear Friends and Family,

After much ado, Puneet and I are engaged! This is unlike what happens in the U.S. - there a guy pops the ring and then the question. Here we held a proper ceremony, and also had a lunch reception for friends and family. I’m a little difficult to please so finding suitable rings and outfits has been pretty stressful. I’m glad it’s behind us so we can move forward in our lives. We both got horribly sick directly afterwards. I am theorizing that it was an excess of sweets - it’s traditional for relatives to feed the boy and girl sweets during the ceremony. It had to have been something - our stomachs were positively gone after the Saturday event. We spent the next day and a half recovering.

My life has gotten easier: We have hired a driver, and Puneet has borrowed a relative’s car for the week, so it’s a lot easier for me to get around. Also, Puneet got me a cute lil netbook for Valentine’s Day, so now the few hour commute back and forth is productive and comfortable.

Robin Ji, my chosen godmother, is in India. She is an extraordinary person. Her daughter Esther, one of my best friend’s, is flying to India next week. She’s become involved with the work I’m doing for The Lotus Odyssey. We are participating in a sale at the Hyatt March 17 and plan on finishing the photo shoot for the catalog during her trip.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Love,
t

No comments: