Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sleepy T

Thankfully, Puneet shakes me awake. I’m in the middle of a crazy dream where my supervisor from Amnesty is penniless and under attack from the mob, which is run by a vicious guru. WOAH. The madness isn’t too surprising. Firstly, I’m in India and see weird things. Secondly, I have a pretty vivid imagination, and fell asleep at 5 in the morning, jittery and on the way down from a evening coffee indulgence. There’s something about sitting in coffee shops for hours and doing work that is so much more rewarding than doing work anywhere else. A habit from the days I’m already missing at U of M, I don’t think it will change anytime soon. So I got a little carried away with the caffeine and the making plans and the writing poetry for my organic soap boxes. Now a few hours later, on my way to work, I am regretting it.
Last night Allix and I finally decided to move our Europe trip out. She is meeting me in Paris on my way home from India. We are supposed to go at the end of March, but for a variety of reasons I want to stay a little longer. She really wanted to go this month so we kept to our original plan, but the friend’s apartment we were going to borrow had been rented out. So now it looks like we’ll be meeting there mid-June. I think. I want to accomplish a lot more before I leave here, because I don’t plan on coming back to India for a long time after this trip.
I brought cotton to stuff my ears and the neck pillow Dad bought me on our first trip to China, thinking I could sleep on the couple hour commute. I still might. Puneet was really nice and let me have the car this morning, taking the metro instead. This form of public transportation is super amazing. I can’t say enough good things about Delhi metro. It is clean, fast, reliable, and safe. It is 5000x better than New York City’s, in case you are looking for a comparison.
In other news, one of my best friends, Esther, is flying to Delhi this week! She is helping with Lotus Odyssey, and more specifically our catalog photo shoo, so I am scrambling to get everything together.
Guess I better get to that…..
I have a camera on my new laptop and have installed google video chat - so if anyone wants to talk and SEE me add theresavm@gmail.com.
Love, Sleepy t

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS
my
Theresa & Puneet
Miss you much...
Love from grammyv