Thursday, March 26, 2009

Three months

It's been three months and I am missing home. I've been thinking a lot about my childhood in the country, missing how summer in Michigan feels, though I know it's just getting to be spring there! Delhi is wearing me down, pollution and traffic and a pervasive paranoid fear that everyone has about their neighbor. Even when I take a walk in the nicest city park I find myself feeling unsafe, and never completely refreshed as in the carefree way I used to feel at home.

That's probably any metro center though. Growing up in Allendale we never even locked the doors. I don't remember there even being keys...

My birthday is tomorrow. I'll be 23. I hope I can be more focused and energetic as I grow older. Right now I feel lost.

My internship at Amnesty International is ending today. I have finished my work and am simply at the office waiting for my award certificate.

No comments: