Monday, January 12, 2009

Famous moment

I was walking around the Garden of Five Senses, which I am now realizing I totally forgot to take any pictures of, and sat down on one of the small garden walls. All around me was the sweet laughter of little school girls, wearing matching crimson and white uniforms. One precocious girl came up to me and asked, "What's your name???" As her friends started to gather around I told them it was Theresa, like Mother Theresa, which elicited it a really intense wave of giggles. The laughter drew more girls up and soon I was surrounded by a pre-teen mob. They all wanted to shake my hand, and then started competing to give me flowers, which they recklessly stole from neighboring flower beds. There would be silence when I spoke, and then loud unconstrained speculations and laughter. They asked me where I was from and I said Delhi mischievously.

Anyway, it was a cute moment. There had to have been 30 kids surrounding me so closely I could barely shift my legs so I blew them kisses and escaped, with high-pitched, "byes!" following me until they were out of sight.

No comments: